My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click HERE to view my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 8: My Initial Proposal

My initial proposal was a way for me to present my initial ideas. It allowed me to check that the story-lines for both my adverts made sense and met the demands of the brief. Firstly, I created a draft proposal that contained my first ideas for my two adverts. I discussed my initial ideas in class and received lots of feedback from the teacher and my peers on ways that i could improve the narrative. With the feedback in mind, I adapted my ideas until I was confident that they both were to a good standard. 



Initial ideas about characters, region and settings

Ideas about brand identity and a slogan to capture it

Ideas about the music and product placement in the advert
Outline of advert 1


Outline of advert 2



This was the real starting point of the project and allowed me  brainstorm lots of ideas about how I wanted my adverts to be.

When creating my proposal, I made sure that I took several things into account so that the initial ideas fulfilled the demands of the brief. For example, I needed to make sure that the themes in my adverts appealed to my target audience and that they were suitable to be broadcasted on Channel 4.

I took inspiration from the Vodafone 2018 advert staring Martin Freeman when creating my first advert. In the advert, Martin appears to be breaking up with his girlfriend, but in the end we discover that he has been trying to end a contract with an unreliable broadband service. Similarly, in my advert the main character initially appears to be breaking up with his partner, however we soon discover that he is leaving an unreliable food service so he can order from 'YourFood' instead. I therefore used intertextuality by referring to the typical break up story seen in so many films, shows and adverts.

The Vodafone advert is embedded below.




No comments:

Post a Comment