My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click HERE to view my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 4: The Target Audience (Males and Females Aged 16-25)

It was crucial to research the target audience in order to gather information about their current interests and lifestyle. I was also able to gather knowledge about their preferences when it comes to take-away's. I was then able to use this information to tailor my adverts in a way that would appeal them.



Channel 4 conducted research into the different youth groups that consume the media. For example, 'the main streamers' are a group of people that tend to enjoy the mainstream music, fashion and TV of today. I did lots of research into these different 'UK tribes' to get an understanding of things that they like to do.

Common interests among the group included:

  • Spending time with loved ones
  • Making sure to get a bit of 'me time'
  • attending music festivals
  • not having to spend too much money on take aways

From this research, I discovered that spending time with loved ones was a very important aspect of their lives. I therefore plan to use the idea of love and relationships in my adverts to appeal to the target audience.



I also conducted research into my target audience of 16-25 year olds by creating a survey along with my peers that we sent out to everyone that we knew within the target audience. We received 41 responses to questions asking about lifestyle and opinions of food delivery services. The survey has been embedded below.



Below I have embedded some of the results from the survey.


How often the target audience use food delivery apps



Importance of different aspects of food delivery services



From the research, we can see that only 17.1% of the target audience have never ordered from food delivery services and/or restaurants. This shows how much demand there is for take-aways amongst the audience.

We also asked the audience what aspect of a food delivery service they thought was the most important. The following 5 aspects were ranked the most important:

  • quality of food
  • good hygiene rating
  • speed of service
  • range of restaurants
  • temperature of food

The research that I did was crucial to my understanding of the target audience. I learnt that my target audience is made up of different demographics, each with different interests and lifestyles. I now know that I need to think about how I am going to create my adverts in order to appeal to the whole target audience instead of just one part of it. I plan to do this by using a variety of ages, genders and ethnicities to represent lots of different social groups in my adverts.

Additionally, I have learnt a lot about my audiences consumption patterns and I now know what types of food they enjoy to eat most. I can use this knowledge to my advantage by using Pizza in my advert as I know that this is a food loved by my target audience. This will persuade them to use YourFood as they will see that they enjoy the cuisines on offer. 


sources: 

Channel 4 UK Tribes research study

Survey replies on google docs survey from the target audience (male and female, 16-25)

No comments:

Post a Comment