My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click HERE to view my website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 6: My Chosen Track

I was very careful when selecting a track to use in my music video. I had to find a song that conformed to the codes and conventions of the pop genre, as well as making sure that it would sound believable that I am singing it.

My chosen track is 'Dear Future Husband' by Meghan Trainor. Below, I have attached my research into the song, the artist and the record label that produced it.



Investigating my chosen track

Some of my other choices included:


Upside down - Paloma Faith

                                     

This song was a big contender for my chosen track, however, I struggled to envision a narrative when I listened to the music. Therefore, I decided to look at some other songs.


Man! I feel like a women - Shania Twain


I have been a huge fan of this song ever since I was younger. However, the song has big rock and country influences which slightly compromise the pop sound. Therefore, I thought it would be a safer bet to chose a more conventional pop song in order to fulfil the demands of the brief.


Mercy - Duffy


When listening to this song, I was able to envision a really cool and classy dance routine that could be performed in the music video. However, the music itself is less upbeat and pop sounding, so inevitably, I had to reject it.


Dear Future Husband - Meghan Trainor


In the end, I decided to go with 'Dear Future Husband', because the music and lyrics are very upbeat and positive, and I think that it sends out a very important message about self-worth and knowing how you should be treated in a relationship. It also follows the conventions of a pop song, with a verse-chorus structure, repeated choruses, catchy hooks and a running time of just over 3 minutes.

Initially, I listened to the song without looking at the music video, so that I was able to create my own interpretation of the lyrics instead of being influenced by the work of the original artist.

Below I have attached the lyrics with my initial ideas and interpretations annotated on the side.





I want the visuals to amplify the the lyrics, as I imagined a couple going on dates and getting married when listening to the song. Therefore, I am going to go with the theme of love for my narrative, as this is easy to understand, enjoyable to watch and it conforms to the pop video conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment