My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click HERE to view my website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 10: My Production Review

My music video and website were reviewed several times, both during and after the production process. I was given lots of feedback from my teachers to help me improve the products before the deadline.


My music video

WWW: The video looks professional and fits well into the pop genre

The mise-en-scene is amazing and makes clear reference to the 60s 

There are a good variety of shots

Good pace which fits to the music well

The grade is good and signifies the change in time


EBI: The opening narrative shots need to anchor the story more

Some sections were particularly 'performance heavy' where an audience might expect to see narrative

Add the name of my artist and the title of the song at the start

Add a link to the website at the end

Add more scenes from the record shop as the location looked really good on camera



Below, you can see the improvements that I made after receiving that feedback.


Adding the name of the track

Adding a link to website

Changing the opening shots to anchor the story more

Adding extra scenes from the record shop


My website

WWW: There is lots of interactive elements

The pictures anchor the star identity of the artist

The extra audio visual content is very entertaining and original


We were also given a list of snags that needed to be fixed before the deadline:


HOMEPAGE

Tour section is all over the place

‘Watch now’ button doesn’t got to anywhere

Gallery section – slider transitions too quickly

When click ‘view now’ the gallery doesn’t show

Name the ‘Merch’ section

‘Sale’ button doesn’t work

Fanbase needs to be prominent on website there is only one reference – i.e. b-gang etc.

Check image captions as they have the original image names

Facebook at bottom leads to Wix Facebook

Menu bar needs to scroll with page or have a button to bring you to top in each section (Can’t get back to start or to another section)

Original crowd image?


LINKED PAGE

No menu bar

News summary needs more mode of address to make it personal

Check grammar in ‘latest news’ section

‘Read More’ buttons don’t work on any section

Make the sections the same size

Elle cover isn’t industry standard – too simple



Again, I have embedded the improvements that I made after receiving my feedback


Improving my tour section and making it more clear

Adding a menu bar to the News page

Making the mode of address more personal on my news page

Adding a 'back to top' button

I am very grateful for the teachers feedback as it has been crucial in making my project the best it can possibly be.

I also received lots of feedback on my music video from my peers and the target audience. Everyone seemed to love and understand the narrative, they liked the upbeat nature of the song and they enjoyed the variety of shots. Lots of people said it looked high quality and professional which I am very pleased about.

Working on this project has been an absolute pleasure. I have learnt so much about pre-production planning, filming, editing and performing! It has been so much fun watching my ideas come to life. It has taken lots hard-work, but it has been an experience that I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment